Answered By: ACLD ASRef
Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016     Views: 183

Permits are handled on a local level. Check your city's code requirements before starting any projects. 

The city of Gainesville provides a checklist for homeowners looking to make simple home modifcations. A permit is required to close in the carport, as the stucture must conform to wind-load requirements.