Answered By: eBranch - Alachua County Library District Last Updated: Apr 07, 2017 Views: 6416
To return EPUB ebooks or mp3 audiobooks early in the OverDrive app (except on Mac OS*):
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Touch and hold the cover of the title you want to return.
- Tap "Return/Delete."
- Choose whether to return, return and delete, or simply delete the title.
*OverDrive for Mac does not allow you to return items early, only to delete the file.
To return Adobe eBooks early through Adobe Digital Editions:
- Click on 'Library' (in the upper left corner).
The Adobe Digital Editions library is displayed.
- Under the 'Bookshelves' heading, select 'Borrowed'.
- Right-click the eBook you want to return.
- Select 'Return Borrowed Item'.
- Verify that you want to return the title.
The eBook is returned to the library collection.
To return eBooks in Kindle format:
- Go to Amazon.com and log in.
- Click on Your Account.
- Scroll down to "Digital Content" and click on "Manage Your Content and Devices."
- Click on the three dots under "Actions," to the left of the book you want to return.
- Click Return this book and confirm.
The eBook is returned to the library collection
To return mp3 audiobooks early in the legacy version of the OverDrive app (typically on computers which do not have a touch screen):
- Open OverDrive Media Console
- Right-click the mp3 audiobook, or select it and click "Delete."
- A popup shows the options "Return/Delete," "Delete," and "Cancel."
- Click "Return/Delete."
The mp3 audiobook is returned to the library collection
eBranch / John